Friday, November 22, 2013

Erawan @ Kota Damansara

So I was craving for Thai food recently and then I thought of this Thai restaurant that I went few years back. I remember I had a good time over there whether is the food or with the gang that I hanging with. I remembered the food was awesome. So I invited my All Time Food Hunt Date to visit this restaurant with me.

From what I remembered was that I would need to make early reservation as they only have limited seat as well as the food reservation as they will only buy their ingredients on that day itself. So I Google for their menu and it came out a long list of Thai in different categories. I was so tempted by their menu and I wish that I could try all their food! 

After discuss about the food that we wanted to try, I called up the restaurant to make a reservation two days in advance. The owner was very nice and friendly. During the phone call, He explained to me all the dishes that I ordered whether it will be available on the day we visit and also recommend us some nicer dishes.

And finally the day has come!

Erawan @ Kota Damansara

The exterior of the restaurant itself was so attractive and full of Thai style. 




The interior design of the restaurant are as authentic as if you visited Thai! It is more like a modern style Thai restaurant.

what welcome us was this lovely morning glory with a massage on it.


Since we already made our order two days earlier, We only need to order our drinks and desserts.

The owner was so friendly and polite that he came to us and double confirm with our menu and also some changes of the food as there is one dish that we ordered wasn't serve on that day.

So after confirm with our order, our drink is served.

Lemon grass with honey. 

I knew a lot of people hates the smell of lemon grass, so do I. So when my friend ordered this, I was like Ewww.. how gross is that is like chewing a Lemon grass in your mouth wtf. However, when I give it a try, it totally surprise me. This drink was extremely refreshing and cooling. It is nothing taste like Lemon grass, at least is not that strong taste of lemon grass. With the prefect amount of honey mixed into the drinks, it mixed well with lemon grass and it taste extremely awesome! I would really recommend people give it a try!


Lychee Honey.

It was also a refreshing drink but it was a little sweet. If you like sweet drink, this might be your favor. I always like to have something to bite on while having a cool drink. Lychee definitely is the best to go for.

As I was enjoying the drinks and snapping photos around, even before I realize it, the food is served!




Our Appetizer: Pomelo Salad (RM68)

Pomelo was imported from Thailand. The Pomelo bits was so huge like tear drops! It was covered with crispy condiment, Alaskan crab meat and prawn too. It is so juicy and crispy at the same time! It also come with their special mixed salad sauce. It goes perfectly the Pomelo.


Stir Fried Baby Broccoli with prawn (RM58)

Yea, I know what you gonna say, this is just stir fried baby broccoli (chau kai lan). But NO! THIS IS NOT AN ORDINARY STIR FRIED KAI LAN!! I cheat you not, the broccoli is so delicious that me myself can finish the whole plate of it. Apparently this is also their signature dish. How can a chau kai lan be a signature dish? GO TRY IT NOW THEN YOU WILL KNOW!!! 


Scented Lemon Grass chicken (RM38)

We actually replace this dish on the day we visit when the owner told us that our preorder for clams dish wasn't available. Since is a recommended dish, we decided to give it a try. It smell so nice when it serve to the table. The chicken was marinated with special sauce and lemon grass. It was roasted till golden brown and serve with chili sauce. When you put a small piece of chicken in your mouth, it taste so tender and juice. So so tasty that I started to dance in my heart! Absolutely awesome!





How can you not pair with original Thai Jasmine Rice with all these delicious dishes? the rice was so tasty that i almost ask for second helping but I have to control myself for carbs intake! The rice was nicely cooked, not too sticky nor too dry. OMG I dunno how to describe this rice in english lah! 就粒粒分明!if u wanna know the meaning go google translate please and thank you.





Steam fish with lime (rm78)

I love eating steam fish when it comes to Thai food. That is how I taste whether the restaurant cooked well. hahaha I know it sounds a bit arrogant but when if the steam fish that you order is not properly cooked, or not fresh, or sauces taste weird, that definitely gonna be a big no no! This steam fish was soft and tender. Sauce goes very well with the fish. Nice dish to try out!


Clear Tom Yum Seafood Soup

How can you not have Tom Yum soup when it comes to Thai food right? There is spicy level for you to choose while ordering the soup so for spicy food lover like me, i chose the highers level. It taste definitely fine for me. Not to say it wasn't spicy but it is bearable spicy level for me (For you info, my spicy level is that I could bite chili padi just like that without eating anything else). But my friend was sweating while eating this. LOL. so if you can't take too spicy food, I would recommend you to try lowers level for this.





Prawns with special sauce (rm98)

I represent you the dish of the day! which is also the dish we goes @.@ while it serve. It was so huge that we almost fainted. First of all, We were quite full at this point. The river prawn was so so huge that is bigger than my palm are so fresh, juicy and chewy. Not to mentioned about the sauce, is thick and sweet, not spicy at all. If you think the price is a little pricy, I would say it definitely worth the price for 3 bigger than palm size river prawn.

After the heavy dinner, we take few min rest to continue with the finale of the night

DESSERT!!! WOOHOOQQQ


I am sorry i dunno what does this dessert called but according to the owner, the chef don't really wanna make this dessert as it takes longer time to prepare and it is a complicated process for this. So it sounds so precious and special, we shall give it a try right? 

Oh wait! i found the description from their website 

Erawan's Mini fruits (rm25)
( luk chup)
ลูกชุบ
Hand made fruit-shape desserts made of mung-beans paste with natural coloring.
In the old days, Luk Chup were the sweetmeats made for the king of Siam
To have after meals in the palace, now, you can get in Erawan.
Subject to availability
Served 15 pieces

It actually taste a bit like 'ang ku kuih' (i dunno what you called that in english so please go google image). The skin are made from fruits color, no preservative color is added. it is soft and not too sweet. I think I only fall in love with it for the fourth bite i guess hahaha.





Banana fritters (rm20)

We end our dinner with this banana fritters cause I insisted to try this! I just love friend bananas with ice cream. I think it matches so so well that I can eat tons of it!

If you are looking for nice and authentic Thai restaurant, I would definitely recommend this for the first choice! 

Location:

No.22-1, Jalan PJU 5/16, Dataran Sunway Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
GPS Coordinates: 3.152857, 101.591971
(Click for map)

Reservation: Please, call Tel/Fax: + 603-614-123-93

Business Hours:

LUNCH
Friday - Sunday
12pm - 3pm
DINNER
Tuesday - Sunday
6pm - 10.30pm
Closed on Monday.
 


Last but not leave. A photo of me capture at the entrance of the restaurant.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment